How to add a Security Group for Company Web Admin for O365
In order to use your O365 single sign-on with Space Connect you first need to create an admin group to allow your Space Connect administrators to log in.
Please Note: Only global and user management administrators have access to the relevant permissions to create, edit, or delete security groups.
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center here.
- Navigate to Teams & Groups on the left-hand side, click on 'Active teams & groups' > 'Add a group'.
- Select 'Security ' and click 'Next'.
- Onto the next step, Set up the basics, in the name field type SpaceConnectCompanyWebAdmin (this name has to match and cannot be changed). You can choose to add a description or leave blank > click 'Next'.
- Click 'Create Group' > 'Close' you will be returned to the 'Active teams and groups' page.
- Click 'Security' > click 'SpaceConnectCompanyWebAdmin' > Click 'Members' > 'View all and manage members'.
- Click '+ Add members' and begin adding the users by searching for them in the search bar and click 'Add' at the bottom when you are done.
- The group is now updated to include the selected members. This can be repeated whenever needed to add additional users.
Please ensure the Global Administrator account that will be used to accept permissions is added to the SpaceConnectCompanyWebAdmin security group!
Please Note: If you would like to restrict the users who do not need access to Space Connect Admin or Booking portals, a general security group will need to be added, please click here for instructions. If you do enable this setting, please notify our support team by clicking here, so that we can make changes within your configuration.