Note: Before you begin, confirm that your organisation meets all requirements for using Centralised Deployment, as described in Determine if Centralised Deployment of add-ins works for your Office 365 organisation.
If your organisation meets all requirements, complete the following steps to publish an Office Add-in via Centralised Deployment
Step 1: Downloading the Manifest
- Add-ins are installed into Outlook using manifest files. This can be accessed here: https://spaceconnect.blob.core.windows.net/prodrelease/OutlookWebAddIn.xml
The file contains code that is used by Outlook to install add-ins. The file should be downloaded (click Save Link As) and then uploaded into Outlook. It is not an install package and opening it will just display the xml code.
Step 2: Sign in to Office 365
- Sign in to Office 365 with your work administration account.
Step 3: Open "Integrated Apps"
- Select the app launcher icon in the upper-left and choose Admin.
In the navigation menu, press Show more, then choose Settings > Integrated apps.
Step 4: Deploy Addin
- Choose Upload Custom App at the top of the page. This will open a panel with guided steps for installing add-ins. Add the downloaded Outlook file. After uploading the file, click Next.
Alternatively, select the option for "Provide link to the manifest file" and enter: https://spaceconnect.blob.core.windows.net/prodrelease/OutlookWebAddIn.xml
Step 5: Select Deployment type
- Choose the following options on the Deployment options page:
Select the following: 'Entire organisation'
Alternatively, you can deploy to certain users.
- Click Next
- Review and accept the permission requests
- Click Next
Step 6: Finish
- When finished, choose Finish deployment to save the new app. Please be aware the deployment can take some time to appear in your outlook calendar.
Then, finish the walkthrough by pressing Done. You now see your add-in along with other apps in Office 365.
Note: You will need to restart Outlook for the new add-in to become visible in the ribbon menu.