This article will explain how to create a security group via the Microsoft 365 admin center.
NB: Only global and user management administrators have permissions to create, edit, or delete security groups.
Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center, go to the Groups > Groups page.
Within the Groups page, select Add a group.
On the Choose a group type page, choose Security.
- The name of the group needs to be SpaceConnectCompanyWebAdmin
- Click Add to save the new group. The click Close to return to the list view.
How to add members to the group
- Once you have created the administrator active directory group, the relevant admin users are required to be added to the group. These users will have access to Space Connect's administrator features.
- From the list of groups, search for SpaceConnectCompanyWebAdmin group and open. This will then open a dialogue showing the list of owners and members.
NB: You may need to refresh the list for the newly added group to appear
- Click on View all and manage members > + Add members. Search for users to be added to the group. Once complete, click Save and then Close.
- The group is now updated to include the selected members. This can be repeated whenever needed to add additional users.
Important Note: Before users in the administration user group can access the admin panel, you need to allow active directory to synchronise across your system. We recommend waiting overnight for this to take effect.
- If you would like to restrict your users who won't need any access to Space Connect Admin or Booking portals, a general security group will need to be added. Please follow this link for instructions on how to do this. Please also notify your Space Connect Operations contact of this, as a change in the configuration will need to be done.