This article will explain how to create a general security group via the Microsoft 365 admin center.
NB: Only global and user management administrators have permissions to create, edit, or delete security groups.
Add a security group
Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center, go to the Groups > Groups page.
Within the Groups page, select Add a group.
On the Choose a group type page, choose Security.
- The name of the group needs to be SpaceConnectConciergeTeamRole
- Click Add to save the new group. The click Close to return to the list view.
How to add members to the group
- Once you have created the general user active directory group, the relevant users are required to be added to the group.
- From the list of groups, search for SpaceConnectConciergeTeamRole and open. This will then open a dialogue showing the list of owners and members.
NB: You may need to refresh the list for the newly added group to appear.
- Click on View all and manage members > + Add members. Search for users to be added to the group. Once complete, click Save and then Close.
- The group is now updated to include the selected members. This can be repeated whenever needed to add additional users.
Step 4: Add members to group
Once you have created the group, you will need to add the relevant users to the group. These members will now be able to log in to the admin portal and view the catering event calendar.
From the list of group, click on the group name (You may need to refresh the list for the newly added group to appear). This will then open a dialog showing the list of owners and members.
Click on "View all and manage members". This will then list all members currently within the group (for a newly created group this will be empty).
Then click on the button "+ Add members" to then search for users to be added to the group. You can then select who to be included. Once complete, click "Save" and then "Close". The group is now updated to include the selected members. This can be repeated whenever needed to add additional users.